Cable terminal is a common product on the market. It is very important that the cable terminal is used according to its purpose in other words that it connects the wires permanently. An unquestionable advantage can also the fact that there is a wide range of sizes and types available on the market. It is also important that there is a huge choice of crimping tools , which together with the cable terminals and connectors form an integral crimping system. It is worth noticing the less common cable terminals.
Less common varieties of cable terminals:
- Tubular angle terminal KCS 45 for better crimping the tubular part of the terminal is bent at an angle of 45 degrees. It is available in sizes corresponding to the conductor cross-section from 6 to 400 mm2.
- Tubular angle terminal KCS 90 is bent in the tubular part at an angle of 90 degrees. It is also available in sizes for the conductor cross-section from 6 to 400 mm2.
- KCZ narrowed cable terminal, thanks to the narrowed contact part it allows a much easier installation. The flat contact part is formed by suitable plastic treatment.
- AS cable terminal for aluminum wires made according to DIN 46329, and its special feature is the tightness.
- ACK is a bi-metallic cable terminal and it is also tight.
When describing „unusual ” cable terminal it is worth mentioning the different technology of shear off screw terminals and connectors, the installation is performed by tightening the screws until they break. We should not also forget about the SHARK technology, which is meant for the winding enameled wires both copper and aluminum.